Wednesday, January 14, 2009

NEW STICK

So the last post has reminded me of back in the day when i used to use a wood stick, Sherwood with a Coffey curve. Boy was that a wicked curve. I recently bought my first wood stick in years because it was a Coffey curve and it's nice to go back to that once and a while now that I've played with one piece sticks for a bit.

My first one piece was a Crosby curve, it was a beauty, mostly black with a little bit of orange, and I taped it up with orange tape too. It should have lasted me a long time but a gap in the boards near the zamboni door decided it was the sticks time to go just a few weeks after I got it. The blade got caught in the boards while i was trying to get the puck as i skated by and it just snapped at the end of the shaft. It was very sad, but it allowed me to get a new one piece. It was a Team Canada stick and a new type of curve, my favourite player, Simon Gagne. The first few games i played with it I was very cautious with it but it has lived through until today and it has had some awesome passes and goals come off it.

Last year I found a pretty much fully orange stick at a ProShop at a rink and decided I'd buy that so i could have 2 one piece sticks. It's a little shorter and my other one but a decent stick. However it does not compare to my new stick which I got yesterday...

Bauer Vapor XVI..what a beautiful stick. Best part, it has a Gagne curve. It has yet to be used but I'm hoping it has some luck in it for the first game as most of my other sticks have.

No comments: